ST Application Process
From WoD Gotham
ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
ARTHUR: I am your king!
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
What We Offer
What we can offer to our STs is a rewarding creative experience in a project with down to earth teammates that won't pressure STs into biting off more than they can chew.
Also, we've been STs ourselves for longer than we care to admit and so we understand how much of a grind it can be to have to do a lot of sheet work and other administrative tasks. So we've designed tools to make that process easier by giving you resources that are logically organized, streamlined, and easy to use.
This way as a ST in WoDG you'll spend more time spinning your stories and executing your dastardly plans on your poor players, rather than getting bogged down in a mire of paperwork scattered all over the place.
Finally, we have structured the Chronicle so that STs aren't expected to and don't have to babysit the chat 24/7. STs handle inhabiting NPCs, officiating scenes when needed, host events where they run storylines they've created when the inspiration hits them, and make use of our streamlined ticket system and ST Portal for handling sheet work. This way the time STs spend STing is manageable and this reduces the chances of burnout and other negative side effects of being overworked.
Joining the Team
The process for becoming a ST is a relatively simple and straight-forward one and the steps are as follows:
- Fill out the provided application form. If you are a newly registered user, we may ask you to join the community as a player before we accept an application.
- The application will be reviewed by the STs and a one week processing period begins.
- If the application passes an initial review by the staff, then an interview(s) is set up and conducted. We try to schedule only one with as many people attending as possible. However, that is not always possible. Staff members who were not able to attend the initial interview may conduct informal interviews during the one week processing period to get a better sense of the applicant.
- A test session is scheduled for the applicant to run for the staff.
- The final decision is made and the applicant is informed.
- If No: The applicant is informed of the decision and why their application was rejected.
- If Yes: The applicant is informed of the decision and begins a probationary period to last no less than 30 days. During this probationary period the applicant begins as a Narrator in their chosen venue.
- At the end of the probationary period, the applicant is offered a permanent position as a Narrator or ST dependent upon current openings and the applicant's comfort level.
No ST PCs Within Their Own Venue: Understand that as part of our ST Policies and to reduce the likelihood of conflict of interest, we do not allow STs to keep Player Characters in the venue in which they ST. If an applicant is offered a position on the team, they will be required to retire any Player Characters that they have in the venue for which they are applying. Should the ST leave the team or the venue in the future and they wish to continue playing within the venue, they are required to allow a 6 month waiting period expire before their old Player Character can be brought out of retirement or before they can create a new character for that venue. This is to ensure that any inside information that the ST would have known is likely obsolete by the time he or she re-enters the venue in question as a player.
Please refer to the following links while filling out your ST application and going through the process:
Also it's a good idea to look over the information written about the venue you are interested in STing just to make sure that our direction suits your taste.